Review LITTLE BADMAN AND THE TIME-TRAVELLING TEACHER OF DOOM By Humza Arshad and Henry White. Illustrated by Aleksei Bitskoff

 This hilarious book was sent to me by Puffin Books. Thanks Puffin! 



Themes: Friendship, family, time travel, school, heritage

Punished for a crime that they didn't commit, Humza and his best friend Umer have been sent away to Pakistan's strictest summer school but it's not what it seems. First of all the headteacher is evil, the science teacher who seems nice at first is also evil and they time travel a lot! 

I LOVE THIS BOOK!! I haven't laughed this hard reading a book since...I don't know when. It's so funny and cleaver and full of action. When I saw the title was Little Badman I already knew it would be a book full of banter and right up my street but other than that I wasn't sure what to expect. This book is part of a series and I hadn't read book 1 but I am definitely going to. 

Humza is smart, sarcastic, brave and witty and Umer is the perfect side-kick. They balance each other other out so well. I love that the book is set in Pakistan because it gave me a chance to learn more about the culture and customs. It's really rare to read a book where there are more male characters than female and the two main protagonists are boys. Asian boys. In books today this is so important and I think this series is a must read. 




Humza is a secret agent and I couldn't stop laughing when he kept checking in about an assignment and they literally kept ignoring him but once they got to Pakistan, Humza was asked to get his agent vibes on and help the Agency find out what is going on with a certain teacher. That's when the book really takes off and trust me it's good!

I really liked the challenging relationship with Humza and his dad and the fact that when Humza goes back in time and meets his dad as a child,  he is still super annoying.  I like that there wasn't loads of depths to that because some people are just annoying—especially parents!

One of my favourite books this year!

5/5

Grab a copy of the book 

Follow me on Instagram @carebearreads


Comments