Review QUEEN BEE by Jane Fallon

I am a HUGE chick lit fan. I'm not sure why I love it so much. Maybe because like fantasy it has a very clear template so it doesn't require me to overthink whilst reading it but I love, love, love Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green and of course Jane Fallon. Queen Bee was delayed because of COVID and I was gutted. When it finally come out I brought that book real quick!


 Themes: Friendship, secrets, betrayal 

Age: 18+

Queen Bee is about Laura, a recently divorced mother of one who moves to the 'housekeepers quarters' which is really a studio flat of the edge of a mansion in a very posh neighbourhood. Everyone in the neighbourhood is super rich with fillers and Botox and Laura runs her own cleaning business. When the Queen Bee Stella thinks something is going on between Laura and her husband Al, Laura finds herself being shunned by the neighbourhood - until she finds out Al's secret, then her and Stella team up to take him down.



I will admit that I did really like this book but it isn't my fav Jane Fallon book. I couldn't really take to Laura. I found myself literally saying (to the book) Laura relax! I found her a bit much with how obsessive she was in finding out Al's secret. I got that Laura is divorced so therefore wanted to help Stella but Stella was so horrible to her. I kept thinking why are you so bothered? No one would care this much! But I loved her relationship with Stella in the end, who is literally a princess. There's just so much power when women unite! I did expect a massive showdown between Stella and Al with his secret but there was a twist because Stella actually had a huge secret that I didn't see coming!

The ending did surprise me and I did want Stella's journey to end differently but she was definitely the most interesting character. 

Easy, fun read but I do think Fallon has better books

4/5
Grab a copy of the book  

Follow me @carebearreads



Comments